Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Work frustrations

And here I am again trying to find a topic to write about.  So far this blogging thing isn't going as well as expected.  So let's see. .. Nothing exciting going on with me.

I am still feeling a little frustrated by a work situation.  I exactly was promoted to "senior counselor"at my job.  This was granted after I received a raise "to justify my raise". I was, and am, so excited to get a promotion and a raise.  However I learned shortly after receiving my promotion that our clinical director wanted the position to go to another counselor.  A counselor that has only been employed with the agency for about 5 minutes. 



Why?

Because he's black and our director feels we need more diversity at the administrative level.  What?  Now I totally get the ideology; however I am one of two non person of color employees in our department at this site.  And the other department here has, imagine this, a black senior counselor. 
I was heartbroken. 

I was, and am, frustrated and angry over the situation. I realize I should let go because I did, in fact, get the position; however I feel really. .. hurt, I guess, that my efforts and excellent performance were unnoticed by my boss because he felt someone less qualified should have been promoted in my stead. 

Aye well. Life isn't fair or unfair.  Life just is.

-Jezzie

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes life rewards our hard work and others have to deal! ;-)

    ReplyDelete